Petrochemistry and Process Engineering
Chemicals made from petroleum oil or natural gas, either directly (pyrolysis) or indirectly (chemical processing). Petrochemicals such as acetylene, benzene, ethane, ethylene, methane, propane, and hydrogen are used to make hundreds of different compounds. These derivatives are used to make elastomers, fibres, plasticizers, and solvents, as well as feedstock for thousands of other goods.
Process engineering is an important phase in the petrochemical industry, and it is used to design, build, maintain, and upgrade huge equipment and facilities that are used to process and produce oil and gas, either onshore or offshore.
- Track 1-1 Conversion Process: Decomposition, Unification, Alteration or Rearrangement
- Track 2-2 Solvent Extraction and Dewaxing
- Track 3-3 Atmospheric and Vacuum Distillation
- Track 4-4 Crude oil Desalting and Distillation
- Track 5-5 Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals
- Track 6-6 Geology & Geoscience